Hello! I just survived an extremely horrible week, with two Midterms, a Hum paper, and a Hum presentation, all lined up from Monday to Thursday. On Wednesday night I stayed up till 5am writing my paper, because I was getting desperate. And then I had to wake at 8 to go to Bio class at 9am. In fact I'm not even sure if I got more than 20 hours of sleep the entire week. In a way I enjoyed the sleep deprivation on Thursday though. Not sleeping enough gives a sensation somewhat similar to being slightly intoxicated. Suddenly it's so easy to talk to people and just say anything you want to say. Maybe that is why people enjoy alcohol, and other stuff that makes them feel happy in a lost-all-control kind of way.
Right now, however, I am feeling very comfortable and content sitting in front of my computer, because I just got home from the most amazing snowball fight ever. Hehhh. It has been snowing all yesterday and all last night. Now we have a good five or six [or maybe more?] inches of snow accumulated on the ground. When I step in my foot sinks all the way to my knees.
So in celebration of such wonderful weather, John, Kyle, Jordan, Nao, Alex and I went out happily to engage in battle. We meant to go to the main quad, but were trapped in the Midway for a long time, hurling snowballs at each other and trying to roll/fall/slide down the slope into the snow-covered field. And then as we wandered towards the midway we switched from snowballs to large chunks of very solid, frozen snow boulders that crumble when they hit people's shoulders.
We did eventually arrive at the quad, where the war rapidly escalated in intensity. Instead of tossing snowballs in a civilised manner, people were happily diving into heaps of snow, tackling each other to the ground, and pushing each other into the snowified bushes. Being relatively small and light and [frequently] unsuspecting, I was grabbed and flung and swung and shoved more times than I could count. When we finally left the quad, there was snow in our boots and coats and we were all wet from knee down. Icicles were growing in my gloves, and I discovered small chunks of snow in my pocket.
We saw some people coming towards the quad from BJ and decided to ambush them. They tried to fight back with snowballs until Kyle started running after them, huge snow block in hand. When we passed the midway we discovered another group of mirthful frolickers and decided to join them. And so without knowing anything about each other, we fought with snowballs and coats and trays from the dining hall [which turned up mysteriously in the field]. Finally one and a half hours after we left the dorm, we returned, satisfied and more snowified than I have ever been.
Haha. I wish I had a camera with me during the snowball fight. Then I would have been able to capture Jordan gracefully walking in snow shoes, Kyle standing apart and "nursing" his reserve of snowball, Nao diving through the snow and John bushpushing everyone else only to become bushpushed himself, and the group hug that John, Kyle and Nao gave Alex. But I didn't want to take my camera with me, because it would have been smashed, unless I stood aside as a disinterested onlooker, which would have been impossible.
So it's been a wunnerful night of insane, uninhibited fun, although we ruined the pristine look of the snow in the main quad with the imprints of our bodies. I hope it snows even more in the days ahead so we can frolic some more! And it's times like this when I realise that I do love the people in my house. ^_^ Although I am not at all close to most of them. ^^;;
Yayyy! Queen Herbert is happy. ^^

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home