Saturday, November 03, 2007

Hey. Tonight feels kind of quiet. It's fall formal, and I guess a number of people have gone for that. That reminds me that I should probably do my laundry tonight, since there will be more machines available. Hmm. Anyway, I decided that it would be too cold to wear a dress and wander about outside. Besides I neither dance nor drink nor look nice, so there isn't much point.

Hmm I haven't really been blogging, or writing in my diary. There are so many things going on, and I do want to write them down. But it's hard to put certain things into words. I'm too lazy to record my daily happenings, and there are always so many other things taking up space in my mind that there's no time to reflect.

I am listening to Jay Chou's new album! I like 彩虹,青花瓷 and 蒲公英的约定. The second song has beautiful lyrics, even though I don't really understand it completely, I think. Gah my Chinese. And the last song is just pretty. The music is from the movie "Secret"! ^^ Hehh. Music makes me happy.

It's getting pretty cold now. And I am constantly wondering if I should resign myself to feeling chilly or looking ridiculous. Cause I have a trench coat and a leather jacket, which I have not been wearing because I look so kua1 zhang1 in them. I also worry that I will look like a gangster in a leather jacket, which is contrary to my image of a good student/girl. As a result I have just been trying to layer with a couple of thin sweaters, my Raffles sweater and my denim jacket. It definitely works but I still feel rather cold when I walk into the shade and feel the wind blowing at me. ><

Halloween has come and gone. Saw amusing people all dressed up going to class and wandering around campus. Witches, warriors, [I want to find another W word but all I can think of is Warlocks, of which there were none] -- someone in my house dressed up as Alice, of Alice in Wonderland. She has long blonde hair and wore a puffy blue dress with apron and black hairband, and looked very adorable. Although I didn't dress up I went for a Dorm Halloween party just to see other people. There were some who carried aluminium foil shields and swords and spears. They reminded me strongly of the Iliad. Argh. There were also Greek and Arabian women, and horses and ducks. Eventually withdrew from the party since there was nothing left to do but to dance and eat and drink in the relative darkness. Besides, Calc homework was beckoning. ^^;; Earlier in the evening little children in the neighbourhood came into the dorm to trick-or-treat. Bought mini chocolate bars and smarties [which are sweets, not chocolates] and almost gave away all the chocs to the cute little kids. The huge bag of smarties is now lying on my desk, and Melissa [my roommate] and I are trying to see how long they will last between us. ^^;;

School has been okay. In a way it's kind of tiring, because there is a constant stream of things to do. Every assignmen counts, every quiz and every lab report. Every humanities paper is 30 percent of my final grade. And then there are the wonderful mid-terms. Instead of occuring half-termly [i.e. every five weeks], they occur every two or three weeks. In ten weeks I have 3 Econs mid-terms and 2 Math. And then there are fortnightly bio quizzes that I am perpetually unable to do. I think I'm too used to rushing all my studying at the end of the term. The need to study constantly and the pressure to perform on every single test kind of tires me out. I'd be very motivated for a while, over one or two tests. Then I'd just feel really numb and like I couldn't care less. Sighs. Maybe it's the middle-of-the-term thing. I need to feel more energetic! ^^

On an unrelated note, I'll be coming back to Singapore for winter holidays. Some Hong Kong people are going to Vienna and Prague, and they actually asked me along. But erm. Parents felt that it would be troublesome to lug both winter and summer clothes in my luggage, since I'll be coming back home eventually during the winter [even if I did go to Europe]. So yes. I'll be flying back on 8 Dec. Probably arriving late night of 9th. Part of me longs for home. Part of me is content and somewhat happy here and just doesn't want to think about it. Not thinking about home makes life a lot easier, somehow. And in case that didn't come out right, I am not really homesick anymore. I think I'm getting used to it. But I do hope to make more close friends here so I'd enjoy my experience more. ^^ I'll see you guys in the winter!

1 Comments:

Blogger sandhya krishnan said...

hey! i have never gone trick-or-treating, nor have i seen anyone do so...it must be quite an experience to have little ones visit you on halloween! haha..bet they dressed up as draculas and caspers and all sorts of scary things haha..you noe what? i have been doing some sort of reflection whilst travelling in the bus to and fro from sch.last friday i was on my way somewhere and i happened to pass behind yuxin's house, somewhere near the canadian international school. the school kids were apparently celebrating halloween that night and had thus dressed up as all sorts of things ( including a pumpkin! ). and the striking thing was, their parents were dressed up in a similar manner too! and they were very sporting and actually viewed this entre affair rather seriously, to the extent of painting their faces in black and silver and such. that set me thinking about whether our asian parents would ever have done that. therein lies that entire cultural difference and the different sets of attitudes. sometimes i wish i could be like those kids. nothing to worry about, just enjoy your life as it comes...ok im digressing haha...
dont worry about your tests honey. i noe it's hard not to, esp since they count towards the final grades..just dont stress too much k? and i cant wait for you to be back =) !!!

11/04/2007 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home