Hello!
The guys in my house just came upstairs to invite the girls to play volleyball. Unfortunately we are all stuck with tons of work. If I didn't have to do Bio readings, finish 2 more books of the Iliad, and revise for my Econs test on Wednesday, I will most definitely go. Even though I have weak arms and poor aim.
I guess I feel more settled in now. I still go around freaking people out with my everlasting silence. But I am beginning to feel more comfortable around my house people, which is good. I'm taking Intro to Econ, Calculus, Bio Core and Philosophical Perspectives (for Humanities) this quarter. Calc is pretty all right, Bio is 2 three hours long classes per week, which is really tiresome. But my Bio Prof is such a nice and funny guy that it isn't as painful as it otherwise would be. I feel bad cause I often do not do his readings and was half an hour late for class the other day because my alarm clock didn't ring. Econ is very interesting, but during class the professor drones and doesn't use a mic, so I keep falling asleep. Today I kept pinching and slapping myself on the cheeks so that I might stay awake. The guy sitting next to me (whom i didn't know) kept casting weird glances at me. Apparently the prof is supposed to be really knowledgeable and smart and wonderful. He is pretty cool. He just needs a mic. Philo Pers is taught by a Danish professor and it's actually quite interesting. Just that my classmates feel so erm, formidable sometimes. So full of opinions and confidence. I need to be more confident and speak up more. Gah.
For Philo Pers we're currently reading the Iliad. It's a very exciting book. Very violent too, with all its highly graphic and detailed descriptions of how people get impaled. So far I have seen death by stone-hitting-head-causing-skull-to-crack, spear-stabbing-flank-causing-entrails-to-flow-out... and various other things. Goodness. People's eyeballs also fall out of their sockets when their skulls crack. It's so gory and frightening. When I complain to guys however, they generally exclaim with great merriment and proceed to ask for the page so they can relish the horrific scenes. Eck.
Today was generally a good day. I got some stuff done and felt kind of happy. Unfortunately I have also succumbed to flu, and am now sniffling disgustingly. Actually I have been hearing a lot of coughing and sneezing inside the house recently, we must all be somewhat under the weather.
Speaking of the weather, it was really really warm today. I wore short sleeved T-shirt and jeans, and felt so warm that I contemplated changing into a skirt. But apparently it's going to cool down over this week so by the end of it I'll probably be needing my coats and jackets.
I'm sorry if I sound really random. I haven't blogged for a long time. And I don't feel like trying to remember all the things that have gone past, since I'm pretty tired right now. Just a random update to assure people that I am very much alive and somewhat well. Hope everyone's having a good time at school! ^^ Take care and I miss you guys!

3 Comments:
hello! nice to see that you're rather happy. i go around being silent a lot, too. :D;; haha i remember reading the iliad in primary school, in that year when we did greek mythology, and i often got bored by all the gory bit. ( i also wondered why blood was always described as purple, but i guess that's a bio thing to do with venous vs arterial blood or sth. o_o )
Hello Queen Herbert!
I seem to remember you often wanting to chop off people's heads or limbs (rather often mine =P ) and leaving them around for people to trip over, or squashing me as readily as you would a marshmallow... hopefully the overly exciting action in the 'Iliad' will forever obliterate the violent streak in you, mild though it may be. =)
I miss you raisin cookie! There is hardly anyone around for me to say insane things to! Oh well hope you get over your sniffles soon. Stay cheery and enjoy your classes! ^^
Hello!
Looks like u r starting on a pretty exciting new journey towards your dreams. All the best and keep the spirit high!
Post a Comment
<< Home