Sunday, January 07, 2007

Hello. I haven't blogged for a rather long time! Especially since it was during the holidays and everyone was updating their blogs very frequently. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year have already passed so it's a bit late to wish anybody now. Anyway I spent my Christmas and New Year rushing apps essays painfully. *sighs*

Now my essays are finally done! And I am being traumatised by students instead. Teaching Sec1 and Sec2 students Chinese. My Sec1 kids are very nice children. They are relatively obedient and they seem quite happy and interested. The Sec2s are a completely different story. I have never met people quite as boisterous and err, playful? -_-;; I seriously don't understand why they cannot just cooperate. Surely it's mutually beneficial for them to just keep quiet and let me get through with what I want to say. Then we can all leave the lesson in a calm and content state of mind, and we might even end earlier. But evidently that is not how their minds work. *sighs* I really hope I get used to them soon, that is, before I get so traumatised that I stop wanting to teach them or something. ^^;;

Hmm. Have not been doing much other than teaching and finishing apps. Went out with harmoc people yesterday for lunch at Parkway Parade, then to Settler's Cafe to play board games! ^^ Was quite fun. People who went to lunch were Mingjie, Yantong, Geoffrey, Yunxuan, Manyan, Jean, Janice, Shan, Francis, Kenneth and Kai Chen. Eventually Kenneth, Kai Chen and Shan left, the former two going for a Sec4 class gathering at another Settler's Cafe. Hehe. We played a very violent game called Jungle-something at first, with confusing rules and much grabbing for a wooden thing which frequently disintegrated into three parts. Then played Family Business which was amusing. Everyone was killing each other and forming alliances then backstabbing. Haha. Well, it's our last outing before the guys get whisked off to Tekong. Alas. Well good luck everyone! We can still have outings during weekends or whenever you people get to book out.

And now I am lounging around at home, trying to get started on scholarship apps. I also need to prepare my lessons. Eck. Tomorrow I will be traumatised by both my Sec2 classes. It is to be hoped that I will come home in one piece and in a sane state of mind. Ket is coming tomorrow too, though, and that will certainly help! ^^

Alright. Take care everyone! I shall be off. ^^;; Have a great 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home