Hello. Yesterday was Farewell Assembly. In the morning we had Civics, where many people brough cameras and the class took a picture together. There were also random group photos of course. Mr Yeo gave out the prelim result slips and said a few words about us, the future, and his lack of willingness to let us know him better. Then we wandered off to the hall, where we watched the distribution of Certificates. Speeches were given and a video played. Then came Batch Song, when everybody started swaying, and Aloysius and I had to sway in isolation because we were not in the same row as the class, and Shuying staunchly refused to sway along with the music. Finally the school song was sung and the day ended.
So that was the final farewell, before we meet again to battle the A levels. Received an SMS from Man Yan during the video. She said the video made her think of Orientation. And then we started talking about Orientation, and how long ago it was; how everything has changed; how our OG sort of broke apart; how our communication with the first people we got to know in RJ slowly reduced itself to a nod and a smile.
I think I'll miss RJ. I didn't think I would then, when I first entered the school. I didn't like the building because it was so bare and white. There were few plants, which only added to the bareness and openness of the school. I didn't like the library, because it was too cold, the chairs were hard, and the people studying inside were too hardworking. I didn't like the canteen, because the queues were always so long. The hectic schedule was tiring me out. The lectures made me tired and sleepy.
But in the end I got used to everything, and the people I met made everything kind of worth while. ^^ I really like my class. There are so many different types of people that everyone ends up fitting in somehow. And everyone is so nice, that the cliques never really get in the way. I'll miss my friendly lab partner Kangya, and my lab bench-mates, Shuyan and Kli. It's been fun cutting potatoes and dissecting a goat's heart with you guys. ^^ I'll miss my PW group, and all the silly things we did when we tried to film the video at Katho's house. I'll miss Sandhya and the funny things she says, especially when she's with Shuying. I'll miss sitting with Yi Hong, playing the piano together and nudging each other awake during lectures. Haha. I'll miss the breakfast table and all the early morning mugging. I'll miss Harmoc, with Yunxuan and I skipping down the corridor, Man Yan trying to conduct yet another futile pract ^^;;, and walking to the MRT with Shan after the late evening practs... Gah I am unable to list everything, or this will become way too long. So thanks for all the memories everyone, and I hope we'll all keep in touch somehow.
I would like to reflect some more, but my application stuff have been waiting patiently for me to finish this long entry. Anyway the next part will probably turn more whiny so I will leave it till later. ^^
Happy Birthday Yuxin! ^___^ You're finally 18! Maybe you should go clubbing to celebrate. *winks*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home