Sunday, August 27, 2006

So there goes the last week of proper school. Felt slightly surreal, and found it difficult to realise that this was the end of trying to stay awake in the freezing lecture theatres, rushing (especially Bio) tutorials during break in the canteen and sprawling around the table during Physics lab sessions. Although I can't really say that I have enjoyed JC life very much I think I will miss the lessons and my teachers. Mr Yeo and his efficiency [and his extreme down-to-earth-ness which is often amusing]; Mr Ali and his random outbursts of wittiness; Mrs Nair who's always so friendly and approachable; Mr Lee TL and his powerpoint presentations and the other Mr Lee with his transparencies. ^^ I think I'm a person who enjoys sticking to routines. There's a comforting familiarity about the way we stroll to the LT and then climb back to A67 to have our lessons. And now I am going to miss everything because everything is about to change.

But the last day didn't really feel like the last day. Everything felt very normal. The last lesson was a Chem pract-morphed-into-tutorial in the LT. Worked at the inorganic chem revision and realised to my horror that I couldn't remember anything about Group VII elements. Felt very stupid and futile after a while so stopped working on the questions. And then the bell rang and everybody left. Heh. I guess with the exams looming over us there is no time for nostalgia. There's so much to do after all.

Went to BSSS with Ket in the evening for our last session with the students before the prelims start for both our students and ourselves. Our class was studying inside their own classroom as usual so we joined them there. I really like our class! I think they have sort of accepted us as part of themselves so it does feel more comfortable and relaxed when we're with them. Like Ket says we feel more "wanted" there, sort of. I think I just feel a greater sense of belonging when I'm around our students; like I'm part of them rather than a random person floating around and trying to solve Math questions. I feel incoherent. Haha. Anyway the last session was fun! A lot of students were working on their portfolios for DandT so we stole paper from them to draw since we were bored. Mushrooms, starfish, bunnies and random song lyrics. Heh. I think we'll try to go back again after Prelims are over. Hopefully I won't be too depressed over my prelims results to help others. ^^;; Will miss my students! They are really nice people.

And now it's time to go back to my GP comprehension. Argh. GP! I really don't know what to do to save myself. Good luck for GP everyone! And happy studying at home! ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home