Gah. Been watching the semi-finals recently. Have sort of gotten used to my ridiculous sleeping cycle -- taking a 3 hour nap after I get home, then wake up for dinner and to do some work, sleep again at 11+ and wake at 3 for the match. Last night I sort of considered just sleeping and giving the Portugal vs France match a miss... since today was a long day. But I woke up miraculously at 3 and couldn't fall asleep so I figured, oh well.
Tuesday night: Germany! *sobs* I woke at 3 and watched the match patiently for 118 minutes only to see the German team failing to hold out for the last two minutes, conceding 2 goals in the final 2 minutes of extra time. It was heartbreaking. Actually the Italian team was slightly better at some points, although I couldn't stand the way they kept rolling around the field, apparently in pain, even if nothing actually happened to them [it's really disruptive!]. But aww Deutschland. I've been watching all their matches faithfully and it's so sad to see them finally lose. And at the end of the match they didn't cut straight to commercials for once and showed the Italian team and fans cheering and celebrating, and the German players almost in tears. Klinsmann was trying to comfort his team. Ah my heart is broken. Poor things. I want to hug them. Apparently the German fans were very supportive and stayed around singing and cheering a bit even after their team had lost. ^^ I shall watch the 3rd and 4th placing match! Go Deutschland! ^^ And there's always the next world cup!
Wednesday night: France vs Portugal. I was neutral this time but I thought Portugal played slightly better than France. The French defence was very nice but they didn't really attack well. They just sort of push till somewhere near the goalpost and then end up not doing anything. But France got a penalty! Personally I don't see why they should have gotten it at all because I just saw Henry trip over another guy's leg. Yes Henry toppled over but nobody tried to trip him. Besides he got up almost right away and didn't seem to be in pain or anything. So Zidane took the penalty and it went in. And that was the only goal scored in the whole game. Oh, I was very amused by Ricardo by the way, when he left his goalpost and went cheerfully to the French penalty area, where everyone was clumping to prepare for a corner by Portugal. Hehe he's cool.
So it will be France against Italy in the finals. I want to watch simply because it's the finals, since I don't really care for either team. *sighs* And I'm sort of glad the 3rd and 4th placing match will be on Saturday night-Sunday morning, because I can watch it peacefully without being worried about being tired in school the next day.
School has been quite slack recently, since Common Tests were just over. I don't feel quite prepared to start working yet. But I really need to get motivated soon because Prelims isn't that far away... and it matters too much to be taken lightly. One week plus of preparation will certainly not suffice. I must do myself justice by working hard and consistently.
In the mean time I need to finish my personal essays and the appraisal things I'm writing for other people. I'm really hopeless at these things... they tend to sound very forced [because I'm not sure how to balance between being flattering and being sincere, and because I don't know how to give examples... it's just a general feeling and aura, or else made up of innumerable little things impossible to list fully]. Besides, my vocabulary is Primary school, which accounts for the way I recycle adjectives liberally. Gahh. It's hopeless, like I said. But I must get them done and done proper. So I must start on them very very soon.
Alright shall go attempt these essay things now! Enjoy the last two matches of the World Cup everyone! Strange how hardly any of the guys in my class follows World Cup. I thought soccer was generally a very guys' thing. ~_^

2 Comments:
yes go deutschland! i thought the shots of klinsmann comforting his players were so sweet. ;_; although i rather liked the friendliness of the italy-germany game ( excepting that moment when ballack suddenly got angry at an italian player ) -- people helping up the players that they've fouled, etc.
Yeah they were quite civilised, unlike during some other matches. I don't remember Ballack getting angry... I remember a guy trying to hug Ballack around the waist when Germany was taking a corner though, and Ballack got very annoyed with his over-friendliness and pushed him. Then they sort of had a glaring competition. Heh. *sighs* I'm still quite sad over Germany losing that game.
Post a Comment
<< Home