Hello! Whee. It's been one week since the holidays started. ^^ And I have hardly started studying! Gah. I feel like doing a thousand other things, except reading notes and doing TYS and such. Went to the library the other day with my little brother to search for books so he can do his ERP project. Speaking of ERP projects, I miss those book lists we had for ERP! There were so many interesting books on the list! I wish I had those kind of lists now, because nowadays there seems to be very little time to read, and I no longer seem able to just pick up random books and read them, without knowing beforehand that they will be good [to a certain extent, although "good" is subjective]. Anyway, since I was already in the library, could not resist the temptation to borrow some books for myself. Heh. Therefore I now have several Chinese books to read... and they are distracting me from my notes and tutorials. Ahh well. But I haven't read Chinese novels properly for a long while, so I must read them while the feeling lasts. ^^;;
Besides reading there are many other things I want to do! Hmm... like watch movies. Haha. Borrowed Pride and Prejudice [the movie that was out last Decembber] from Yunxuan last week. Watched it on Sunday. It's rather nice... with really pretty scenary and rather nice looking actors and actresses. Thought Keira Knightley looked very fitting for her role as Elizabeth. Hmm but being a movie, many parts of the book had to be chopped out. Somehow it didn't feel that right because a lot of the details and dialogues were missing, and I thought the details and the dialogues and the way everyone had to guess what everyone else was thinking was what made the book so interesting. In the movie everything happened sort of quickly and abruptly, especially the way Elizabeth's impression of Mr Darcy suddenly underwent great transformations. And I never really know what Mr Darcy is thinking about because he hardly says anything and mostly stands around. Haha. And Mr Bingley looked rather, erm, strange. [I can't quite describe it but he just looked, well, wrong.] Actually all these were sort of within expectations since they're the usual problems with books-turned-movies. So overall the movie was still pretty good, and would probably have been nicer if I haven't read the book before.
Have also watched Over the Hedge. It was a fun movie and was rather amusing at various parts. The little animals were also really cute! ^^ Especially Hammy... heh. So hyper that he reminded me of erm, Yunxuan. Hahaha. But Yunxuan said so herself so erm, ehehe. *sheepish look*
Alright. Oh. And I have also been watching snippets of Itazura na Kiss on youtube. It's as amusing as ever and I managed to catch a lot of parts I missed previously [because I was either rushing homework in the dark or falling asleep or doing some other random stuff during break]. And I am once again inspired to practise sketching Takashi Kashiwabara until I manage to capture that look he has. Such unbearable shuainess. Haha. It's not just his looks but also his character in the movie I guess. Hmm. ^^;; But it feels different watching it alone. There's no one to laugh, exclaim and exchange incredulous looks with so it's only half as fun. Oh well. I still want the VCDs though! I would include it in my wishlist if I had one.
Ahh yes it's sort of time to put up a wishlist. I reviewed my old wishlist from last year and realised that everything there is still very much valid and relevant. So I shan't bother putting up a new one. Not like anyone needs to refer to it anyway. Heh.
Oh. I realised that I forgot to talk about recent events... but then again nothing much has been going on. Went to school a lot last week, and tried to make a last ditch effort for SAT, which still turned out tragically screwed. Hope it turns out better than I expect it to. Gah. *crosses fingers* Went to the Indian Culture Society concert on Saturday, and it was a rather new experience, except that Shuying and I were sort of dreading the times when the emcees would appear, because they were apparently being very comical, unfortunately we couldn't understand a word they were saying, which was really quite agonising. ^^;; Otherwise it was quite okay and the dancing was pretty good.
Right. That was a pretty long update. Shall go off and try to make myself more useful and studious. Eep. Enjoy your holidays everyone! ^^ And good luck with your revision.
To Xinyu and Tracy [although neither of them reads my blog]: Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day! ^__^

1 Comments:
*pokes* hello sly one. >____< the movie was nice anyway. thanks for the outing and for all the effort put into planning it. haha.
Post a Comment
<< Home