Thursday, May 11, 2006

Yo. Have been asked to update, hence this post. Heh.

Well it's been two busy weeks... with lots and lots of rather intensive harmoc pract taking up the afternoons and evenings. ^^;; But I suppose we needed it because our songs were in rather bad shape initially. After the first full dress rehearsal we were feeling rather discouraged actually because we sounded so soft and thin and floaty in the PAC. *sighs*

But we improved somewhat over time and the concert last night turned out to be quite decent. ^__^ For Eine Kleine Nachtmusik we were hurrying as usual, and WanHui was a mess of notes [except for certain parts where we suddenly play loudly and distinctly because there aren't running notes to mess up], but Carmen and TongHua were okayish. [Oh, various loud shouts of Encore came only after we finished the Encore piece... so it was quite strange. ] And I screwed up the piano part of Zhi Zu even though it's so simple! Gah. Hopefully it wasn't that obvious. But poor ManYan and co were a bit startled I think, because the piano sounded weird at one part. Eep. And Big Grace and her friend [whose name I cannot remember] were really amazing! The piano accompaniment for both their pieces were really good too.

Overall there were definitely slips here and there and random screw-ups, but everything went quite smoothly, and the audience was very nice and encouraging. ^^ Haha we were all trying to stifle our laughter when people were shouting things like "Marcus is so handsome"... and I finally realised where Yunxuan got her general hyperness from! *grins* Heh Yunxuan's mum is so cute!

During the intermission I went to change out of my small groups attire, and met Zhaojing, Kai Hee and Jean in the toilet! Heh. Later I met Siok Teng and Zi Han, and Shih Hsien and Shireen [who was looking for her wallet I think]. When the whole concert was over met Zhaojing again, and talked randomly to Shih Hsien, Shireen, Matthew, Tracy, Mervyn, Jiacong and Hongwei. It's nice to see Shireen again. ^^ Thanks for coming for the concert everyone! [Even though I told you guys that we didn't play that well. Heh.] Thanks for the flowers, chocolates and well wishes as well! ^^

After that we cleared everything up and Shih Hsien very nicely helped me carry the stands up to LT6. Then everyone took photos. Francis kept trying to join the girls when they took pictures... and Min Khai and Geoffrey were instigated to take a very strange picture. Muahaha. But the effect was not as interesting as we hoped. Heh. Then Kai Chen was made to distract Mingjie while his cake was being taken out and candles lighted... because his birthday is today [the day right after Harmonix]! So there were tea lights spelling Mingjie's name, a pretty cake, lots of sushi, and a lot of very nice and happy people. Yay. And then I had to go home because Dad and Mum had been waiting since the Concert ended.


Hmmm. So that concludes our days of sitting in the classrooms and LT3, 4 or 5 practising our harmoc, tapping the time with the harmonica cases, and trying to follow Mr Yew's energetic gestures. I'll miss all the nice people I've got to know [or got to know better] because of Harmoc; all the times we have chatted in between songs [and whined about our tired state and lack of time etc]; skipping down the corridor arm in arm with Yunxuan when we thought no one was looking [and consequently destroying my image of being a dignified and serious person]; morning practs and fretting together over Zhi Zu, and finally, the long rehearsals and the nice nervous-but-somewhat-excited anticipation of the concert itself. While the practs were tiring and we all got very bored by the songs at one point of time or another, it felt good to be working towards something together. And the after-concert feeling was really very nice... you feel so relieved and happy... you just want to linger around and take pictures and sit around and talk and never leave... because it's our last concert and leaving will seem like the end of everything.

It's been nice being in Harmoc. I wish we could compile a contact list or something. Then I'll add everyone to my MSN. Haha. ^^

Hmm it's been a long entry and I think I sound very incoherent. My ability to write is deteriorating. But then it was never much better so I suppose... ah well.

Alright, before I end, I shall wish Huixian a very Happy 18th Birthday! Hope you had a nice birthday yesterday. ^^

To everybody, enjoy the long weekend ahead and don't be too stressed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the song is so nice!

5/22/2006 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so slow!! just read ur happy bday thing. thank u. :) heh.

5/23/2006 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home