Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year!

Hello. I think my blog is dying slowly. Hehe. I haven't posted for ever so long. Oh well. Actually I haven't been very busy, I just haven't been feeling like blogging, or going online much. Hmm. Anyway, my Chinese New Year was quite okay, with the usual eating and watching television on New Year's Eve, and then visiting some of my parents' friends yesterday. Generally I don't particularly enjoy visiting because of the awkwardness and the politeness [as in the necessity to act in a certain nice, sensible manner and make conversation with people you don't know]... but yesterday's visiting was quite fun since there were people around my age to talk to. ^^

And today I tried to do my stupid Power Series and Liver and Endocrine tutorials, of which one is tedious and the other is boring. Gah. I had to alternate them and then still have to switch on the music to keep myself from sleeping, or walking away. *sighs* There's still quite some work to be done. Hmm. Must go work on them soon.

Borrowed Mansfield Park last week, and am half way through it right now. But being very anxious to know the plot development, I went and read some bits of the back first. Heh. Oh well. But it's quite an okayish book, although I like Pride and Prejudice better, since the latter was more entertaining. Ahh the movie is no longer showing I think. Shall have to wait for the VCD I guess, how sad.

Besides reading Mansfield Park, I also finished 长安乱 by 韩寒. I actually wanted to borrow 三重门 again, but couldn't find it, so just gave up and borrowed 长安乱. It's quite an amusing book, and at times gets rather thought-provoking. Okay, not at times, but very very occasionally. Hehe. But it was quite a fun read, being about 33% 武侠 and otherwise modern. Actually it was more like a modern story set in ancient times. But I still like 三重门 better, because it felt so much more real and the emotions were so much more raw and tangible... even though it was quite silly and funny at times too. Hmm. Haven't read Chinese books for a long while. Heh. I used to be able to endure through boring or serious Chinese books rather well, and I used to try to read classics or serious books. Nowadays I have no patient for them. I can only live through light, amusing novels. *sighs*

Okay. Lack of practise has caused my blogging abilities to deteriorate. This entry sounds even more incoherent than I usually do. Alas. I shall take my leave now and go work on stupid Bio. ^^;; Oh well. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home