Hi! ^_^ I should be practising piano, but shall blog a little first.
Went to sph in the morning yesterday. Then for a while in the afternoon was thinking about whether to go to maf. And then decided not to, because it's very far, and erm, well. I haven't exactly been studying as I should during the sept hols. So going to maf would further my guilt. Eheh. *sheepish grin*
Have been reading a few other people's blogs. And they're very interesting, especially relative to mine. Some people are just good at expressing themselves and manage to make even little things in life sound interesting; some others talk a lot about their thoughts and feelings and everything. While I whine daily about my inability to concentrate or be diligent. Haha. I suppose my life is not very interesting, and maybe I don't think about stuff so much? Erm. Actually I do sometimes, I suppose, but it's odd saying them here because you know a lot of people will be reading it. Okay, maybe not a lot lah, but at least some of the people I know do read it. And whatever you write will trigger a response, i.e. people will be shocked, worried, curious etc. And what I accidentally say may also cause people to form certain opinions of me. Haiz.
Hmm. Anyway, let me talk about something rather interesting that I only heard about recently. On Thursday my friend was at my house to copy my notes. And suddenly he asked me about whether my index finger or ring finger was longer. I was very suspicious of course, and asked him which of his was longer. And he said that his ring finger was longer. And then I looked at my hand and saw that mine was the same. And he was very shocked and said that "people with longer ring [than index] fingers are supposed to have been exposed to more testosterone before they were born", or something to that effect. Humph. So to confirm things I decided to ask another friend today. He phrased it differently, saying that "according to research, most women have longer index fingers, and men longer ring fingers". Ahem. So today when I was going home from guitar lesson I decided to carefully observe the hands of all the women I walked past, to see which of their fingers are longer. [I tried to do it discreetly, but I think people noticed and looked at me weirdly. Oops.] And I saw that 5 out of 8 women had longer index fingers, which is about 62.5%. But then of course, there are many sources of errors. Firstly I am severely myopic and my judgement of the length of fingers may be inaccurate, thus possibly resulting in parallax error. Also, my sample size is too small, thus no useful conclusion can be drawn. [Ah! The usefulness of SPAs is manifested here!!] Alas. This reminds me that Chem Skill D appears to be coming soon. Yikes.
Anyway, if anyone has heard otherwise about the finger thing, do tell me. Heh. I'm being very silly and ridiculous. But oh well, that's how I have always been. *smiles cheerfully* And I am going to survey people tomorrow [increase sample size to increase reliability of results]. Yay. Erm. Oh, and I realised that my mother and grandma both have longer ring fingers so I suppose I inherited mine from them. Haha.
Okay. Off to practise my pieces! My Mozart and Arensky pieces are disastrous, and my Scarlatti piece has passed its peak so-called. It was quite decent for a while, but now I keep stumbling during the arpeggios. Argh.
School starts tomorrow. See you all then! Happy studying, and to Yunxuan and Yi Hong, both of whom are having their piano exams on Tuesday, good luck! Just go in and play your best! Jia you~ ^^

1 Comments:
visual determination of finger length is not an accurate gauge since it is a subjective judgement. ahem. use a venier calipers for accurate results. haha! jus had my bio spa skill d today. oh boo. anyway, i have longer ring finger '_'"
Post a Comment
<< Home