Today was a pretty good day, as was yesterday... and Wednesday as well. I guess on the whole this has been a pretty good week ^__^... basically I'm feeling more like myself instead of an accumulation of too many smiles and trying-to-be-funny statements. Have stopped feeling so contrived and fake, and am actually beginning to listen attentively during lectures and plan the studying of chem and bio. Hopefully this is a sign that I am getting more settled and used to JC life, with its hectic schedules, heavy workloads, and all the essential but tiring "socialising".
It's so tiring to socialise... to try to think of stuff to talk about and, as a result, talk longwindedly and laugh somewhat shallowly over nothing in particular. It may seem fun while it lasts, but it leaves a dreadfully empty feeling afterwards, when you realise that it was not so much fun as it was contrived. Maybe I just try too hard, and take trivial things too seriously. But I am really hoping that I can stop trying to socialise with most of my class soon and start really talking/chatting with them. While my class is full of nice people I haven't really gotten over the initial stages of feeling vaguely uncertain around them yet. I need to learn to feel less self-conscious and stop trying to be what I am not for fear that people won't accept me as the person I really am. Perhaps all I need really, is time. Ah well.

3 Comments:
Heyz.. i'm sure you'll feel bonded with your class in time..as they discover what a good friend you make :) i suppose there's always the initial period of socialising, but true friendships'll soon develop lah.. and as u mentioned your class is nice so should be no prob..
i realised tt ppl don't really take tt much notice of whatever silly things others do.. soon it'll be forgotten in the hassle of daily life.. so don't have to worry so much about doing everything right, in an acceptable way.. teehee.. i'm not making much sense am i..most importantly keep your spirits up! :D
hey! be happy =)
miss the times when we sang together... i really enjoyed every minute of today when i sat at the piano with you and listened to you play. nostalgia. no more pushing zhaojing off the seat =( *sigh* i'm missing 411 all over again.
heyy..oh man.i feel exactly the same as you.all the socialising and meaningless and contrived convos..haix...help!
Post a Comment
<< Home