Uh. realised I forgot to talk about National Day celebrations on Friday. Was too busy working away at the ci yu shou ce's I think.
Anyway, everyone had to wear red and/or white, and jeans were supposedly not allowed. So I wore a red shirt and culottes. [Not that, uh, anyone wanted to know that.] The shirt was a bit too bright a red. But nevermind.
Concert consisted of "Fancy footdrills", song writing competition for the sec 1s, a dance competition for the sec 3s, a national day costume designing competition for sec 4s, and the performance of the winning sec 2 national day drama. To begin with, the song writing wasn't too bad. The first class was just a normal song, and the tune/melody was slightly lacking in distinctness. The second class was cute and they had a rap sort of thing, but the chorus had a strange tune, I regret to say. The last class was the most amusing, the tune was pretty okayish, and there were these 2 people who generally sit in silence on stage, every once in a while they would suddenly bounce up and burst into a rap, then sink into silence again. Erm, the dance was surprisingly good, and those making use of national day songs were very nice and creative. The drama was, uh, quite okay, seeing that it was the winning "entry" after all, but then it was quite "typical" hence was slightly unable to draw our continued attention, especially with the heat. The costume part was so cute, and all the classes had amusing, creative things. We won second!! Yay~ 411 rocks~! Well done Ivee and Dawn and Fang~ and everyone who did the patch work thing also.
Community singing followed. I'm sorry to say I really don't like the new arrangement of Home very much. It was such a nice, warm-ish song, and now it sounds quite scary, too high, the harmony of voices in the background slightly shrill and piercing, and entirely unsuitable for singing along. Anyway, everyone was really high during the songs, and during Where I belong I was so amused by the sea of red and white people actually bouncing up and down. Oh, and 413 amused me too with their wonderful dramatic abilities. ~_^ Haha I was feeling quite delirious with the heat and all the high people... my class was quiet as usual... but I guess that's us. But it was funny and amusing anyway.
*sigh* And it's my last National Day celebration here. Oh well. The moment I begin to get used to things, they start to change.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home