Sometimes I wonder if anyone I know has found this blog... I am rather curious... but I don't really want to know if anybody has. Well.
The CD performance was quite full of mistakes on the first night, and everyone was quite gloomy over it. The curtain call was especially bad, because it just lacked the atmosphere and the feeling.
But the second night was really really really good! ^__^ Everything went smoothly and we found back the feeling again.
No one cried at the reflection session on the second night, which is amazing, considering that for the previous three years I've been in CD, each time on the last night of the performance, at least one person would have cried, especially the sec 4s. I don't exactly enjoy seeing people cry, but the CD performance doesn't seem complete without the bursting into tears bit. Like how Gina was saying that she did not "feel fufilled" because no one cried.
It doesn't seem to have hit me [and a lot of other people] yet, that this is our last year in CD. Maybe that's why we didn't cry. But I did feel vaguely sad when we yelled at the end of the curtain call the Chinese phrase to the effect of "thank you for watching and see you next year"... because I won't be seeing them next year, well, not on stage at any rate.
Maybe we've just been too busy worrying [since the first night wasn't too good] and then feeling relieved and accomplished [since the second night was wonderful], to really feel the emptiness of everything being over, and to really realise and be sad over our parting. [since the sec 4s are officially "gone" after one more CCA session after the June hols]
But still, it was strange... after all the three tear-filled performance nights... it was our last, as in really LAST night, and everyone's eyes were dry.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home